Forums » SAP Quality Assurance Best Practices

Normal identifier for a man crosswise over unique frameworks

• February 14, 2018 5:30 PM IST

Not certain which is the best Stack Exchange site for this, so will attempt my hand here.

I have a web application that stores client disciplinary information for associations. Instead of customers enter their staff into various frameworks, some need to drive the fundamental work force information into our own (information, for example, First Name, Surname, DOB, Job Title and so on) from their source (e.g. HR/ERP) databases.

Our customers are utilizing a scope of existing frameworks to store their information, for example, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, and so forth.

I know about the specialized techniques to get this information (e.g. web benefit, web API), however not for a case, for example, when a man's surname changes (e.g. Janet Smith gets hitched and moves toward becoming Janet Doe). Unless there is a one of a kind identifier for that individual SAP HR crosswise over the two frameworks, I can't perceive how that change can be overseen dependably.

How is this procedure best-overseen please? Is an extra field added to the goal database that contains the UID of the source information? Or then again, do the two gatherings concur on a typical field, e.g. worker number, that never shows signs of change?